If you’ve been hurt at work, workers’ compensation benefits might help you get back on your feet financially while you’re out of work. Unfortunately, there are numerous moments in the workers’ compensation procedure where a blunder might jeopardize your claim, leading in lower payments or denial.
The Law Office of Dakota C. Low in Oklahoma understands how important it is to receive the benefits you are entitled to following a workplace injury.
Mistakes in Workers’ Compensation To Avoid
Dakota Low sees a lot of individuals who have been refused workers’ compensation claims. We’ve assisted with thousands of cases over the last 30 years.
These Are Some of the Common Errors We’ve Found:
- Not retaining the services of a workers’ compensation attorney — Before submitting a workers’ compensation claim in Oklahoma, it is advisable to seek legal advice from a workers’ compensation attorney in Oklahoma. An expert attorney can assist you with every stage of the claims procedure while also ensuring that your right to compensation is protected.
- Waiting too long to report an injury to your employer — If you wait too long to disclose an accident to your employer, you may run into problems with Oklahoma’s statute of limitations, which might cause your claim to be delayed or denied.
- Lying about your injuries – Never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever If you’re lying, a doctor will be able to tell. Even if you had legitimate injuries, your claim will be jeopardized once this is revealed to the workers’ compensation insurance.
- Exaggerating your injuries – Injured workers may be tempted to overstate the severity of their injuries in order to collect more benefits. Usually, this backfires. Once your employer or insurance company learns of your embellishments, your claim will be jeopardized.
- Failing to disclose the entire extent of your ailments — You should not embellish or lie about your injuries, but you should also not downplay their severity. To get correct treatment and increase your chances of gaining optimum benefits, be comprehensive while describing your injuries with the doctor.
- Failure to follow doctor’s directions — You must adhere to your doctor’s treatment plan to the letter. Your benefits may be terminated or rejected if you miss visits or fail to refill prescriptions.
- Telling an insurance adjuster or third-party administrator too much — When speaking with your employer’s workers’ compensation provider, be cautious because they play a big part in determining what benefits you get (if any). They’ll hunt for any excuse to reduce their payment to you, so your comments are crucial. Hiring a workers’ compensation attorney can save you money in the long run.
- Signing a contract without consulting an attorney — You’ll be under a lot of pressure from your employer or their insurance company to accept a rapid settlement. However, you must protect your own interests. Any workers’ compensation offer you receive can be reviewed by an attorney from The Law Office of Dakota Low to ensure you are treated fairly.
Contact an Attorney for Workers’ Compensation in Oklahoma City – Dakota Low
When a job injury prevents you from working, our Oklahoma City workers’ compensation lawyers at The Law Office of Dakota C. Low realize that every cent counts.
Allow us to assist you in navigating the workers’ compensation procedure and avoiding mistakes that could jeopardize your case. To learn more about how we can assist you with your workers’ compensation claim, contact our office for a free introductory consultation. Contact Dakota Low today for a free case review and consultation at 405.601.8899 or use our contact form and the help you need with the roadblocks of workers compensation claims.