Insurance Claims Handled in Bad Faith
Oklahoma Bad Faith Insurance Lawyer at Dakota Low recognize that when a policyholder submits a claim to their insurance company after paying their premiums, they want the company to act in good faith and honor the claim’s validity. However, the insurance provider does not always do the right thing and honor the claim. Disputes frequently develop when an insurance provider denies a lawful claim, often without providing a valid reason or explanation.
In areas with no-fault insurance and personal injury protection, or PIP, disputes can arise if insurance companies fail to pay medical providers the money they are owed from policyholders. When policyholders do not file claims or do not collect on claims made under their policies, insurance firms profit more.
Some insurance firms routinely dismiss legitimate claims and will only evaluate a claim if the policyholder initiates legal action.
The Dakota Low Process
Our Oklahoma Bad Faith Insurance Lawyer will need a detailed copy of your insurance policy. You can get this from your broker or insurance company if you don’t already have it. After that, your Dakota Low attorney will call your insurance company to find out how far along your claim is.
These things will aid your team in determining the basis of your claim and whether additional investigation and legal action are warranted.
Your attorney and their support staff will research the circumstances surrounding whatever loss or triggering event prompted you to make a claim by delving into the terms of your policy.
At this point, we’re gathering the evidence we’ll need to file a lawsuit.
Your Oklahoma Bad Faith Insurance Lawyer will launch a lawsuit against the insurance company on your behalf. This does not ensure a trial; it is also possible to negotiate with the insurance company.
What Happened to My Insurance Claim?
Insurance companies, unfortunately, frequently interpret and twist the language in their policies in order to limit or deny reasonable claims. Insurance companies have a vested interest in preserving their financial reserves and avoiding payouts to policyholders. When an insurance company denies a claim or undervalues it, they may claim that:
The loss is not covered by the policy.
Damages are less than the insured claims, or they are less than the insurance deductible.
The insurance company’s “independent experts” or “independent adjusters” ruled that no covered damage occurred or that the policy was invalidated.
Does Dakota Low's Oklahoma Bad Faith Insurance Lawyer handle various types of insurance disputes?
Dakota Low’s Oklahoma Bad Faith Insurance Lawyers are dedicated to assisting clients in resolving insurance claim disputes across a wide range of practice areas. The following is a sampling of some of the types of insurance disputes that our lawyers have handled:
- Damage from hurricanes and tropical storms
- Water damage
- Pipes made of cast iron
- Condominium Owners
- Death and Dismemberment as a result of an accident
- Life Coverage
- Benefits of Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance (LTDI) is a type of long-term disability insurance that
- Damage from Hail
- Personal Injury Protection (PIP) claims (including first party)
- Insurance claims related to fire
- Losses in business property
- Claims made in bad faith
- Insurance for Lightning Damage
- Insurance Broker Misconduct
- Pipes That Have Been Frozen
- Snow, Rain, and Ice Weight
- Theft and Vandalism Damage
- Wind-related damage
- Water Injuries
- Damage to Surrounding Structures
- Collapse of a Structure
The Office of Dakota C. Low is currently accepting new clients.
If you suspect your insurance company is treating you unfairly, please do not hesitate to contact Dakota Low today to see if an experienced Oklahoma Bad Faith Insurance Lawyer can assist you.
Fill out our free, no-obligation case evaluation form to get in touch. We’re here to assist you with any insurance problems you may have, as well as any personal injury claims you may have. Call us right away at Call 405.601.8899.
Dakota Low Creates a Level Playing Field
Our Oklahoma Bad Faith Insurance Lawyers at Dakota Low are familiar with the insurance companies’ methods because we practice almost solely in this field, and we keep them accountable — we make them do the right thing in every case, even if it means bringing the case to trial and fighting through appeal.
Because storm damage can quickly exceed billions of dollars, insurance firms battle tooth and nail to keep their money, which, regrettably for policyholders, often means depriving you of benefits you are promised under your contract.
While “bad faith” conduct differs by state, the following are some common types of poor faith conduct in Oklahoma:
- Delaying payment of claims unnecessarily;
- Putting the blame for your loss on something other than the true cause;
- Making a false claim that your loss is not covered;
- Failing to conduct a thorough investigation;
- Making up excuses to deny or delay your claim;
- Lengthening the claims process without justification;
- Attempting to reach an agreement with you for a sum that the insurer knows is insufficient and less than what is fully insured;
- Failing to explain why your claim was refused or underpaid in a clear and concise manner;
- Intentionally misinterpreting your policy’s terminology;
- Advising you not to seek an attorney;
- Conducting a skewed inquiry into your claim;
- Making false threats to cancel your insurance or deny your claim (essentially, bullying).