The 5 Most Important Things To Do After a Slip and Fall
Slip and falls can happen anywhere: the parking lot of an apartment complex, a grocery store, or even in your office building. Regardless of where these falls happen, one thing that all slips and falls have in common is negligence. You may be tempted to blame yourself for your slip and fall, but the fact of the matter is that people don’t fall for no good reason. Contact an Oklahoma Premises Liability Lawyer immediately.
Property owners have a legal responsibility to keep their buildings clear of hazards that could cause tenants, visitors, or customers to trip, slip, or fall. If property owners fail to uphold this responsibility, and you get hurt as a result, you could be entitled to compensation for your injuries and medical bills through a slip and fall lawsuit.
Post-Accident Checklist: 5 Things to Do After a Slip and Fall
- Seek medical treatment immediately for your injuries.
- Collect contact information from any witnesses at the scene.
- Record evidence of the accident, including photos of the hazard and your injuries.
- File an accident report with the police.
- Don’t sign any waivers or give statements without a lawyer present.
Slip and Fall Lawsuit FAQs
The Oklahoma Premises Liability Lawyers at Dakota Low have the answers to your most important slip and fall lawsuit questions, including:
- Can slip and fall accidents really cause serious injuries?
- Absolutely. Insurance companies and property owners often paint slip and falls as “frivolous” accidents in an attempt to downplay the severity of your injuries, but slip and falls are not to be taken lightly. Unintentional slips, trips, and falls accounted for over 33,000 deaths in 2015 alone, according to the latest figures from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Can I hold my landlord responsible for my slip and fall injury?
- There are instances in which a landlord can be held liable for a tenant’s slip and fall. Your attorney will have to prove that your landlord was aware of the condition of the property that led to your injury and chose not to fix it.
- What are the grounds for a slip and fall lawsuit?
- Proving a slip and fall lawsuit requires more than just proving that the property on which you fell was in a dangerous condition. Dakota Low’s Oklahoma Premises Liability Lawyer also has our strategies to seek and prove negligence and carelessness.
- Did the property owner create the dangerous condition? n Did they know of this dangerous condition and fail to correct it?
- If they were not aware of the dangerous condition, had enough time passed that a reasonable property owner would have noticed and fixed it?
How can an Oklahoma premises liability lawyer help me with my slip and fall case?
An experienced Oklahoma premises liability lawyer handles the difficult elements of a slip and fall lawsuit, while you focus on recovering from your injury.
Your Oklahoma premises liability lawyer will perform a thorough investigation and gather evidence to try and prove negligence and carelessness by doing some of the following: n Photographing your injury
- Obtaining medical records
- Obtaining an accident report
- Examining building codes to see if local code and ordinances were broken
Our Oklahoma premises liability lawyer can help if our FAQs didn’t answer your slip and fall lawsuit questions.
Please contact us today by filling out our free, no-obligation form. Our Oklahoma Premises Liability Lawyers are experienced in handling premises liability slip and fall cases, and they know what it takes to prove fault on the part of a negligent property owner.
We may be able to help if you or someone you love was hurt in a slip and fall. Contact Dakota Low at 309 NW 9th St., Oklahoma City, OK 73102.