Construction site accidents can be very serious, resulting in significant pain and suffering, medical bills, disability, and wage loss. Our Oklahoma City construction accident lawyers at The Law Office of Dakota Low work hard to make sure you are fairly compensated for your injuries and losses.
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) Breaches in the Construction Industry
On any given day, about 6.5 million individuals work at around 252,000 construction sites across the United States, according to figures from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). The construction industry’s fatal injury rate is higher than the national average for all other industries. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), there were 92 fatal workplace injuries in Oklahoma in 2016. The construction industry accounted for 18 of the 92 workplace deaths.
To help reduce the number of fatalities and injuries in the construction industry, OSHA has developed a comprehensive set of safety requirements for employers and workers. This includes wearing personal protective equipment, wearing a helmet, and adhering to all safety guidelines and regulations when utilizing construction equipment of any kind. Employers who fail to comply with OSHA standards and train personnel in accordance with OSHA safety regulations considerably increase the risk of serious injuries and fatal incidents.
OSHA has developed construction safety and health standards to assist both employers and employees in identifying, reducing, and eliminating construction hazards that could endanger worker safety. These rules address a variety of themes, including
- Improving worker safety in limited environments
- A public awareness campaign to prevent falls
- Standard for electrical power
- Excavation and trenching
- Transmission towers
- Derricks and cranes
Reports on engineering investigations
Accidents and Injuries on Construction Sites Are Caused by a Variety of Factors.
Our highly qualified attorneys represent construction workers, sites staff, and visitors who have been harmed on the job. We have the experience to address a wide range of scenarios when someone is injured on a construction site:
- Failure to employ appropriate safety equipment
- Accidents caused by faulty equipment
- Accidents involving heavy construction equipment
- Forklift mishaps
- Falling from great heights
- Accidents involving slipping and falling
- A crane has collapsed
- Trench collapses • Scaffold collapses
- Injuries caused by crushing
- Injuries caused by crane booms
- Backovers or rollovers of equipment
- Construction accidents in oil fields
- Arc flash or arc explosion, as well as electric shock
- Burns caused by chemicals
- Exposure to toxins
- Injuries caused by repetitive motion
Construction Firms in Oklahoma City
These are just a few of the construction companies in the Oklahoma City area who are accountable for keeping their workers safe and healthy:
- BBC Construction Services, Inc.
- Reeder Construction Services, Inc.
- Redlands Contracting LLC is a company based in Redlands, California.
- Hillside General Contractor LLC is a company that specializes in general contracting.
- Grace Contracting is a company that specializes in construction.
- Maguire O’Hara Construction • Terra Construction Inc
- Clark Construction Company
- Wynn Construction Company Inc. is a construction company based in Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Building a Pyramid
- Gibraltar Company (Gibraltar)
What are the most prevalent safety infractions in the construction industry?
According to OSHA, the Top 10 Most Commonly Cited Construction Violations in 2016 are as follows.
- It is a legal need to have fall protection.
- Fall protection instruction
- Eye and face protection General health and safety
- Protection for the head
- Lifts in the air
- Criteria and methods for fall protection systems
Obtaining compensation for work-related injuries
A qualified workers’ compensation attorney can help you get compensation for your injuries — including medical costs, impairment, and disfigurement — through your employer’s workers’ compensation insurance if you are a construction worker or employee on a construction site. If a loved one died in a fatal construction accident, workers’ compensation gives death payments.
Although workers’ compensation benefits are the most common type of compensation for construction employees, those hurt as a result of third-party carelessness may be entitled to compensation through a personal injury lawsuit. Our Oklahoma workplace accident attorneys can also help you seek compensation through a personal injury lawsuit if you were hurt on a construction site but were not a construction worker, worksite employee, or other employees at work at the time of your accident.
Experienced Construction Accident Lawyer in Oklahoma City
An experienced construction accident lawyer in Oklahoma City can help you with your case so you can be assured to receive maximum compensation for your injuries.
Construction accidents are still widespread, despite the fact that the industry is extensively regulated for safety. Construction accident lawyers at The Law Office of Dakota Low are committed to assisting you or a loved one who has been hurt while working at or visiting a construction site.
Contact Dakota Low today for a free case review and consultation at 405.601.8899 or use our contact form.